Monday, August 25, 2014

Letter From My Mission President

Oh my goodness! 23 days. Yeah, you read that right. I cannot believe it; this summer has flown by. It seems like just yesterday I was opening my call, and reading that I was going to San Antonio, Texas.

Today, I got the mail, and there was a letter from my mission president. Inside was information about what I'll need for transportation in the field. Also included was 'My purpose as a Missionary'. I am supposed to memorize this before I leave.  I'd like to share it with you all.
"I have been called of Jesus Christ through inspiration to serve in the Texas San Antonio Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
I will boldly invite other to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost and enduring to the end.
I will stand for truth and return with honor.
"Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of Him to declare His word among His people, that they might have everlasting life." (3 Nephi 5:13)
I am so excited to be apart of this work!

TTFN,

-Hermana Dean

No comments:

Post a Comment