Monday, January 27, 2014

How To Prepare Myself

Hello all.
I love Mondays!! Monday means I get an email from my little Bruddah serving a mission in England. Love it!
Anywho, in my email to him last week, I asked what were some of the things he did before leaving that have helped him the most out in the mission field. He said things that helped him were: memorizing the Mission Purpose (found on page 1 of Preach My Gospel), memorize the first vision account in Chapter Three, lesson 1, read the Book of Mormon every day (at least two pages). Also, to make a Mormon.org profile and print out the pass along cards and start handing them out to people.

Things he wished he had prepared for: read chapters one, three, five, nine and ten of PMG in depth. He says those chapters are full of study helps for missionary work. He also advised me to start getting into the missionary schedule. Up at 6:30, exercise for a half hour, study personally for an hour, and be in bed by 10:30.

I am super excited. I am almost done with my papers. I am keeping track of all of my family's and friends' guesses, and whoever is the closest will get some sort of prize.. like a King Size candy bar or something :) so far, these are the places people have guessed: Florida, somewhere Spanish speaking in the US, London, Temple Square, Liechtenstein, Ireland, England, Turkey, and the Moon. My guess is Australia or France.

Well, that's it for today! Thanks for reading.

-Sister Dean

No comments:

Post a Comment