Monday, July 13, 2015

13 Julio 2015

Hello everyone! I so hope you are all doing well. I am doing great! This week has flown by. I cannot believe it! So this week we had transfers, and I am now in Austin, Texas, in the Lake Austin ward, which is a Spanish area. I absolutely love it! This week, we had a mini missionary. Her name is Jacky, and she is the cutest thing ever. I have absolutely loved having her with us. She gets to stay with us, and goes to all of our lessons, and is just a missionary. I love it. She goes home on Wednesday though, so that is sad. I hope she decides to go on a mission, because she will be, and is, an amazing missionary.

My new companion is Hermana Garner, from Morgan, UT. She is so great! I am excited to learn so much from her in this new area. 
So far, we have two people with a baptism date. Saul and Antonio. They have a date for the 25th. I am so excited for them. Just in the couple of days I have been here, I have seen them progress and learn and just absolutely love learning about the gospel. 

Also, during the transfer meeting, President talked to us about our prayers and how we should be praying. It has been amazing to put that into action and see how much better my prayers can be. President talked about how we sometimes have vain repetitions in our prayers that we may not notice, like "Dear Heavenly Fatherwethanktheeforthisday....." And I realized that I did that! So, I have since changed the manner in which I say my prayers to be more like a conversation, because that is what it is. Our prayers should be reverent, remembering that He is Heavenly Father, and we should have so much respect for Him, that should show in our prayers. So, I would encourage you to look at the language of your prayer, and change it if you need too. It really has made my prayers more meaningful to me, and I am sure to Heavenly Father too. 


I hope you are all doing well! I love you all. 


7/11 slurpee!!

A yellow/orange watermelon 

No comments:

Post a Comment