Monday, July 20, 2015

20 July 2015

Hello!!!! This week has been so great. Aw man. So great. 

Okay. So I'll start off with some funny stuff and then end with the best :)

Hermana Garner and I have had some great times together so far. I just love it! For example......

This morning, we were getting our shopping list all ready to go, and I asked if she wanted to buy some real laundry detergent, because what we had in the laundry room was straight fabric softener. She looked at me really confused, and asked what I meant. I told her the bottle of "soap" on top of the dryer was straight fabric softener. She almost cried. She had been washing all her clothes for the past 6 weeks in straight fabric softener. I thought she knew. She told me her previous companion told her it was soap and fabric softener. Super funny. So. Now all of you should know. Don't wash your clothes in fabric softener. :)

hah. 

So, big news, Saul is getting baptized this weekend!!!! Hooray!! I'm so excited for him. I don't remember if I have told you about Saul before. well, here we go. He is 13 years old, and is just so great. I am so very excited for him. I wasn't here when the missionaries first started teaching him, but just in the week and a half that I have known him, you can tell that he really wants this, and that he knows it will change his life for good. He is living with his Grandma for the summer, and then will go back to live with his dad. His Grandma is the cutest old lady of my life. She reminds me a lot of Gwom, my great grandma. Her testimony is so strong. She is so amazing, and is such a great help for Saul. 

So, I went on exchanges this last week with Hermana Cannon. She is so cute. I learned so much from her. One of the questions she asked me really stuck with me. She asked me what "success" mean to me. I thought about it for a bit, gave an answer. But that question has really stuck with me. The more I think about it, the more I really have an idea of what success really is. Before my mission, if someone would have asked me what success as a missionary means, I probably would have said it has to do with the number of baptisms they get on their missions. 

But now, I think my answer has changed. No, I know my answer has changed. My vision has been raised. Now, I would say success as a missionary is change. Change for the better, of course. If you are able to change your life, your mind, and your will to be in line with those of God, then I would definitely say you have had success on your mission. 

Now, please don't misunderstand. I know how important and essential baptism is for our Salvation. I am so happy when people decide to change their lives so they can receive blessings from God, and so they can be baptized. I just wouldn't say a missionary is only successful if they have baptisms. Hopefully, there is no misunderstanding with this. I am so thankful for the opportunity I have to help people come unto Christ through the saving ordinance of baptism. I am so thankful for the opportunities I have had as a missionary that have helped me change for the better.

I love you all so much! I hope you are all doing well. 

Until next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment