Monday, August 24, 2015

24 Agosto 2015

Hola! Como están??

Well, this week was transfer week. Can you believe that???? This last transfer just flew by so fast! Time flies when you're having fun doing the Lord's work, I guess. Jaja. But yeah. I stayed here in Lake Austin C, but I received a new companion! Hermana Cannon is my new companion! Hoorah! She is from American Fork. She is super great! We met when we were both down on the border--I was in Eagle Pass, and she was in Del Río. We never had the opportunity to work with each other there, but Hermana Cannon did give some wonderful trainings in Zone meetings. And then, when I got up here to Austin, she and Hermana Vorwaller were my Sister Training leaders, and I got to go on an exchange with Hermana Cannon. So, we've pretty much just followed each other around. Jaja. Fun stuff!

So this week has been really great. I have loved every minute of it!
We were out in Manor this last Tuesday, going through some potentials and formers, and we went by one, Eric. His dad let us in, and we started talking with him and his older daughter. Soon, the mom and other son came home, and joined us as we started talking about how they have seen the blessings from Heavenly Father in their lives. We soon started talking about how Heavenly Father shows us His love, and blesses us through His prophets. They love the bible, and the history that is there. They want to do the best they can to follow Jesus Christ. We have another appointment with them this coming Thursday.

So as part of my studies, I am reading through the Book of Mormon, in Spanish. It has been really wonderful to read it in a different language, and even to understand it a little better. This morning, I read in Mosiah 28 and 29. In chapter 28, it talks about how the sons of Mosiah wanted to go and teach the gospel to their brethren, the Lamanites. Of this we read, "Now they were desirous that salvation should be declared to every creature, for they could not bear that any human soul should perish". Even the Lamanites, who hated them and wanted to kill them. They knew that they were also sons and daughters of God, and deserved a chance to change and learn the truth. "And thus did the Spirit of the Lord work upon them." The Spirit of the Lord can change us so drastically. Before, Alma the younger and the sons of Mosiah were the "vilest of sinners", but through their effort and the way the Spirit worked upon them, they were able to change, and all became some of the greatest missionaries we read about  in the Book of Mormon. Their example is amazing. This transfer, and for the rest of my mission, really, I want to focus on becoming more like Ammon, Amulek, and the other great amazing missionaries we read about. Those who were strong in the Lord, and worked for the rest of their lives to accomplish His work.

I love you all so much. I hope you are all healthy and doing well. :)

--
Hermana Dean

Aww. Cuties. I'm gonna keep you.

​I wonder how long that drive was...


No comments:

Post a Comment