Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Young, Single, Adult

Hola Todos!

Okay,  I have a new adventure I must tell y'all about.

So, since I have been home, I have attended my family ward with my dad--which I LOVE! It is such a great ward with awesome people. The downside? Well, there aren't many young single adults in this family ward. (that must be why there are YSA wards!!) jaja. Anywho. I love YSA wards. They are so much fun! I attended one after high school, another in college, and then back to the first after college. About 3 years ago, I stopped attending the YSA ward, and returned to my family ward. (Which worked out well, because I left on my mission a bit after that.)

Anyway, like I said before, since I have been home, I have been attending my family ward. It has been a lot of fun, especially now that I have a calling in the Primary. But for the past little bit, I have felt the need to mingle with more people of my own age. Right now, I don't think it is the right time to move over to the YSA ward, but I decided I would start going to the YSA ward sacrament meeting and activities.

This last Sunday, I figured I would start! My own ward doesn't start until 1 pm, and the YSA ward starts at 11 am.

Now.. This was the weirdest experience *thus far* of my RM life. I was nervous like no other time in my life!! Why?? I'd been to this singles ward before..Why was I so nervous to go now? I still don't know why. Jaja. But it really was nice to go again.

For those of you readers out there who have never gone to a YSA ward, I'll tell you: they are a little different. First of all, it is so quiet. I mean q~u~i~e~t. During the passing of the sacrament, you don't hear anything but the footsteps of the priesthood holders. My ward had to start lining the water trays with paper towels so that the cups didn't clink so loud. Crazy, right? You don't see that happening in a family ward. I mean, it is different. In a family ward, there are little kids and not-so-little kids who might be a little more noisy during the passing of the sacrament. It was quite different to go back to that. It was refreshing!

There were a ton of people there that I hadn't met before--which is understandable because it's been 3 years since I went. But, there were a couple friends there that were there with me before. It was fun to see them again!

Overall, I loved going back to the YSA ward. I am excited to continue meeting new people and going to fun activities.

If any of y'all are thinking about switching over to a YSA ward, I would highly recommend it!

Well, I think this is all for now!
Until next time,
~Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment