Thursday, October 16, 2014

Almost there!!

Hola! Oh my goodness! Only one more P-day here in the MTC! I cannot believe how fast time has gone by. I am so excited to go to on with my mission, although it will be really hard to say goodbye to everyone here. 

So this week was amazing... just like all of the other weeks here :)
Last Thursday, we had a district wide Ping pong tournament . It was pretty awesome. I quite enjoyed it.

On Friday, we taught Fransisco again... and my testimony of the Spirit teaching the lessons was definitely strengthened. We were planning on teaching about the Atonement, but ended up talking about the Word of Wisdom, and how to pray for the strength to overcome addictions. It was so amazing. I am so grateful for the Spirit in my life.

On Saturday, we found out that this coming Saturday, the 18th, Elder Andersen from the Quorum of the 12 is going to be here and give a devotional. He's the first of the Quorum of the 12 to come here since Elder Oaks dedicated it a year and a half ago.  I am super excited.

On Sunday, we watched what is possibly my most favorite Elder Holland devotional. It is one he gave at the Provo MTC, so only missionaries are able to see it. It isn't on the church's website... But it was amazing.

He said, "There's nothing I would rather do or people that I would rather be with than the missionaries, doing missionary work, and working with the missionary department."

He talked about how we need to be better missionaries than he was at 19. That we need to use Preach My Gospel, and teach the investigators what they need to know.  

He also greatly emphasizing the importance of staying active after serving a mission. He said, "Don't you ever come home from your mission and give up on all the beliefs and truths you taught. If you do, you will not only break my heart, but more importantly, you will break your Father in Heaven's heart."  

Towards the end of his talk, he was talking about Peter and the other apostles after Christ had died. The story is told in John 21. The point Elder Holland made, was that Christ asked Peter if he loved Him. Peter said Yea Lord. And Christ said, Then feed my sheep.

Now any of you who have heard Elder Holland speak know that he does not beat around the bush. He gets to his point really fast. He said we need to apply this to our lives. "When I asked you to be a missionary,  I asked you to do it forever!"
Elder Holland started tearing up and said, " You cannot become the missionary Christ needs you to be if you do not love Him!" He then asked, tears streaming down his face, "Do you love him?"

"You can never come back. You are a missionary. This mission marks the point of no return. You have pledged your life to the Lord. Never, NEVER let it be over for you. You need to stay the course. You need to see it through. You need to leave your nets and boat, and feed Christ´s sheep. You are forever a disciple of Christ."

He then ended his talk by saying, "God bless you on the greatest venture of your life, which will shape your life forever."

It was such a wonderful talk! I definitely bawled my eyes out. It was so wonderful. I wish I could find it and listen to it everyday.

ooooh Also, my MTC President used to be in the 70, and spoke in Conference quite a few times. You guys should check it out! 

The rest of the week until now was good. We had class, we taught our investigators... It was really good.

Today was really fantastic. We took a trip to the temple, and got to take a tour of the Visitors Center. The Mexico City Temple is so pretty! We were not able to do a session, because it is closed. They are redoing the inside, and it should be done by next June. 
The Angel Moroni on the Mexico City Temple is different than most of the others. Moroni is holding a Book of Mormon! Sorry it isnt a very good angle. The Temple grounds were closed, so we were just on the one side

I love you all so much! Thank you for your wonderful support and letters. I love you!

Until next week!
Love, Hermana Dean

No comments:

Post a Comment