Monday, December 14, 2015

Merry Christmas!!

Hello!
This week has been so wonderful! So full of miracles. We found 10 new investigators this week... which is a first for us! They are all pretty interested people, too. Not just "...yeah sure, come back" people,  but truly interested and searching for the truth. 

We have also invited more people to be baptized, and many have said yes! Nikki, one of our investigators whom with we have been meeting for a while, accepted to be baptized, as well as Lupe, and Charles--other people we met with this week. I am so excited for the work here in Lockhart! I love it. I know there are people prepared here. I know there are people searching for the truth, peace, and hope that the Restored Gospel brings.

We also had the opportunity to hear from Elder and Sister Pino. They taught us about humility and focusing on our purpose. Part of what I enjoyed most was that they talked in Spanish with English translation by some of the other missionaries. It was amazing to see them speak in their native language, their eyes bright with their testimonies of the gospel. 

I am so thankful for the gifts I have been given by my Father in Heaven--for my parents, for my family, for the experience it has been to be a missionary and to help others feel of the love He has for them. I am grateful for my weaknesses, for through them, I draw closer to the Lord, and He helps make them strengths. 

I feel so privileged to be a missionary and have all these opportunities to sit at the feet of the Lord's chosen servants. So far on my mission, I have had the opportunity to hear from the following: Elder Neil L. Andersen, Elder Piper, Elder Corbridge, (then Elder, now President) Russell M. Nelson, Elder Pino, and a couple others whose names I am forgetting.... But my goodness! I feel so blessed. I can feel their testimony so strongly just when they walk into the room. I KNOW they are men called of God. I KNOW they are called to be witnesses of Jesus Christ. I feel so privileged to have a mission president who loves the Lord and seeks to follow the will of the Lord. I KNOW he was called by God.  I know we are led by a  Prophet, a living, breathing Prophet, even Thomas S. Monson. He was called by the Lord. We can trust him; he will never lead us astray.

I love you all so much. I am grateful, most of all, for my Savior. I know without Him, I am nothing. He has provided us with an escape. Through Him, we can be reconciled with God, and will be able to return to live in His presence. I would hope we would each take a few moments this Christmas season to pause and remember Him even more. I love you! Merry Christmas!
--
Hermana Dean

The Hernandez Perez Family

Sisters Selfie with Hermanas Ali, Vorwaller, Bay, McBride, Gonzales, Boren, & Dean


No comments:

Post a Comment