Monday, March 14, 2016

Hallelujah!

Hola Todos!

This week has been so wonderful! I know I probably say that in all of my emails, but it is true! I can't even begin to tell of all the wonderful miracles I have seen over the course of my mission. Some were more drastic than others, and some were sweet, tender miracles that testified to me, personally, that my Heavenly Father loves me. 

As my mission comes to a close, I ponder about all that has transpired over the last 18 months. I have seen the Lord change me so much. Some changes have occurred through tears-of both joy and regret. Many changes have been made through sweat and hard work. (Let's kill that myth right now. Yes, sister missionaries do sweat.) I like the me that the Lord has made so much more than the me I used to be. I testify of the truth found in Ether 12:27:

 "And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."

Christ has shown unto my my weakness. It has humbled me. In many cases, I have seen those weak things become strong. There are still so many things I have to work on, but I have so much hope in the strength of the Lord--that He can change me.

----

Easter is coming! It is here! Yesterday, the Church came out with a wonderful video titled, Follow Him. Y'all should watch it if you haven't yet, and then watch it again, and then share it with your friends. It is so beautiful, and can all be summed up in one word: Hallelujah! God be praised. Peter sums it up as well: "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.." (1 Peter 1:3) Christ has saved us. He is the only way to salvation. There is none other way! Without Him, we cannot be saved. 

I know with all my heart that Christ lives! The words spoken by the angel long ago bring so much joy and comfort to my heart: " Why seek ye the living among the dead? He is not here: for he is risen." (Luke 24:5, Matthew 28:6) The garden tomb is empty. Christ was the first to resurrect, and because of this, all of us will be resurrected too. 

What a glorious gift this is! "Wherefore, how great the importance to make these things known unto the inhabitants of the earth, that they may know that there is no flesh that can dwell in the presence of God, save it be through the merits, and mercy, and grace of the Holy Messiah, who layeth down his life according to the flesh, and taketh it again by the power of the Spirit, that he may bring to pass the resurrection of the dead, being the first that should rise" (2 Nephi 2:8)
We have a task, you and me, to make these things known to all those on the earth. What comfort, joy and love it brings us. Imagine that comfort, joy and love being felt by all those we love. 
Truly, all that comes to my lips, "Hallelujah!"

I love y'all so much!
-- 

No comments:

Post a Comment