Monday, March 21, 2016

Forever a Servant of the Lord

Hola todos!

These last 18 months have been so wonderful. I am so grateful for the opportunity I have had to serve the Lord on a full-time mission. I have learned so much, but more importantly the Lord has changed me so much. I am so humbled to have had this opportunity to learn and grow, to share in the joy felt as others choose to come to Christ through the waters of baptism. 

This last week was amazing!
We received a referral for a lady that lives in Waelder (Pop 1064)... which is even more in the middle of nowhere than Lockhart. We hardly ever go out there, due to mileage limitations. So, we planned on going out there to meet Brittany. We called her, and she was so sweet. We set up a lesson for the next day. We got there, and met Brittany and her friend, Richard. Brittany has been through a lot, and is really searching for God. She said she has always believed in God, but now she wants to get closer to Him. She and Richard had wonderful questions, and were so excited to get a Book of Mormon. 

Little things like this are what I love about being a missionary. Really, about being a member of the church. Seeing people begin to change, and seeing the "light" go off when something makes sense--not only in their head but in their heart. It is such a wonderful thing to witness. The Gospel of Jesus Christ truly is wonderful!
--
One of the hymns that has become my favorite here on the mission is: Placentero Nos Es Trabajar. Sadly it isn't in english. but it is a beautiful song. Here are the lyrics:
"Placentero nos es trabajar
en la viña del gran Rey Jesús,
y honroso nos es predicar
a Su pueblo Su ley y Su lluz.

La palabra de Dios escuchad
con ahínco, lealtad y fervor.
Para siempre jamás recordad
Su pureza, verdad y amor.


¡Oh hermanos, adiós, pues, adiós!
El momento de ir vino ya.
Si guardamos la fe en el gran Dios,
nos veremos aún más allá."

It is a little hard to come to the end of my mission. But that doesn't mean my service to God is over. I have made a promise to God. Like our TSAM purpose statement says, "My decision has been made. I've put my hand to the plough. I've crossed the line." Returning home doesn't change any of that. My decision has still been made, and I will continue to serve my Lord with all that in me is. I will forever be a servant of the Lord.

I love you all! Have a marvelous week.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment