Monday, December 22, 2014

Merry Merry Christmas!!!!

Oh my goodness! I cannot believe this week is Christmas!! It feels so far away! Probably because I am in Texas.. And am freaking out because there is no snow ;) But all is well! I am so excited to be here. This week was definitely interesting.

On Tuesday, we met with a family in our ward, and talked about Christmas. They are such a sweet family. It was so great. 

Wednesday was our Christmas Conference! Hooray! It was so good. President Slaughter spoke about the Atonement. We also had a talent show.. Which there is some great talent here in the TSAM. They are all pretty great!

Thursday was our weekly planning session. So that was good. We set some good goals for this coming week. I'm excited. Also, we had a really cool experience of being in the right place at the right time. We were headed to see a potential, and parked a little ways down from their house. As we were walking towards the house, we heard someone say "Sisters!" and turn and see a member getting out of her car, and needing our help. She had just gotten home from surgery. Her husband was in the car, but was on the phone for work stuff. We got there just in time to help her inside and get all situated and comfy. It didn't really seem like a big deal... But it was nice to see the Lord's hand in even the simple things we do. 

Friday, we met with Lauren again, and answered some questions she had. She is still really sweet, but a lot of our beliefs bother her. I'm sure someday, she'll figure it all out for herself. I'm really glad her best friend is LDS, and seems to be a really good influence on her.  We also went over to a member's house for dinner, and had ratatouille ! It was so yummy. I really enjoyed it. :) 

Saturday and Sunday were hard days. Both Sister Bills and I were sick on Saturday, and she was still feeling sick on Sunday. So we stuck around the house all day. I was able to get some good rest on Saturday, and got better... and then Sunday was able to get some good studying done.  I'm glad we are both feeling better! 

I love you all so much!

Merry Merry Christmas to you all! Don't forget what this season is really about. 

Love, Hermana Dean

No comments:

Post a Comment