Monday, December 29, 2014

29 December 2014

Merry Christmas to you all!! I think I forgot to say so in my last letter.... :) But, better late than never! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. I sure did. It was so great to talk to my family. All of them! It was so amazing. 

This week in general was wonderful. On Tuesday, I received two Christmas packages, from my Momma and from Jeremy & Ethan. They are so sweet. 
We also met a super sweet lady, named Ginger. She loves this time of year, and was so excited that we came and knocked on her door. She wasn't really interested in us teaching her, but was really looking forward to watching the He is the Gift video. It was so wonderful! She was so sweet.  We had dinner with a family in our ward, the Longs. They are so awesome. 

Wednesday was Christmas Eve! It was so great. We went to go visit with a couple of potential people... But they were all getting ready to go to Christmas Eve Services at a different church. So. We went in early that night, so as to not disturb people. We were able to have Christmas Eve dinner with the Enke family. They are so  sweet. Their two little kids acted out the Nativity. So adorable!

Thursday was Christmas! Such an amazing holiday. I am so grateful that I will be able to spend 2 Christmases on the mission. It is such a special time of year, and what better way of celebrating it than sharing the message of Christ with others? So amazing. I am so grateful I was able to skype with my family. We even were able to conference call with Elder Dean in England! That was so great! It was such a wonderful blessing to be able to talk with all of them

Friday we did our weekly planning session. That was good. :) I'm excited for this upcoming week. We also tried to contact a couple  less active members. We have appointments to meet with some of them later on.

Saturday, we knocked around for a little bit, and then went home, because I didn't feel very well. We stayed in the rest of the night, because I felt sick. I had a really bad headache, and just needed to rest, apparently. Once I had rested for a while, I felt much better. 

Sunday was also really good. It was a typical Sunday :) We went to church, knocked around for a little bit, and then had dinner with a member, and went home to do some training. Next Sunday, our ward switches to 1pm. Which will be good :) I'm excited. 

I love you all! Have a happy and safe new year!!!

Love, 
Hermana Dean

No comments:

Post a Comment