Monday, November 30, 2015

Miracles in Disguise

Hello everyone!!

okay so BIIIG news. I can hardly contain myself, I am SO excited. Recently, changes were made at the MTC's for those speaking their native language. They will now be there for 3 weeks instead of 2. This change affects the timing of when missionaries get released too! *drumroll* I get to have one more week in the mission than originally thought! I will fly home on the 23rd of March now, instead of the 16th. YAY!

This week has been full of miracles, some in disguise. 
Tuesday started out pretty normal. We went by some people in Lockhart, and then went to dinner with Sister Davis. After dinner, we went to Luling. On the ride there, I began to not feel very well. When we got there we went by some other people, and ended the night with a visit to the "B" family. They were so great! We talked about the Plan of Salvation, and had a "puzzle" with it, so they could visualize it all. The lesson went great. Afterwards, I still didn't feel too great. It was time to start driving home, so we could be there before 9. We get maybe 5 minutes outside Luling, and I couldn't hold it any longer. We pulled over, and I threw up everything I had eaten that day. I felt a little better afterwards, and we went home. Before going to bed, I threw up 2 more times. During the night, 3 more times. I couldn't keep anything down, not even water. I felt so tired by 6:30 am. I knew I was going to need to stay home at least a couple hours. We called Sister Slaughter and everything, she said to have crackers and Gatorade when my stomach felt like it could handle food. That wasn't until about 6pm or so. We ended up staying home the entire day, which, at the end of the month was a blessing. We were getting low on miles, and we were going to spend the day in Dale, which takes a LOT of miles. So. Sometimes, it is a blessing to be sick. I am fine and dandy now. So that is good. 

Thanksgiving was really great. We had lunch with the Marshall family, which was super yummy. We went by a couple other people, and at the end of the night, went by Roberta. She is a very sweet lady who loves missionaries. We wanted to wish her and her family a happy Thanksgiving. She had a lot of family over, but let us in, and fed us some of what was left of their dinner. It was really yummy. Her family is really nice.

Yesterday, the Church's new video was released! "A Savior Is Born". I hope you have all had a chance to see it and to share it. If not, do it! You won't regret it. It is a beautiful video.

The other day, we were knocking a street in Luling. We met a sweet lady who was so excited to talk about Christ. She didn't have any intents of changing religions, but told us about all her neighbors, and pointed out some that she thought would be interested. We talked with her on her doorstep for a good half hour about her faith in Christ. We talked about the Book of Mormon, and the new Christmas video. She was really excited to watch the video. She said she would even show it to her pastor. 

Back to the "B" family for a bit. J & N are doing so great! N came up to us at church, and told us she and J had read 1 Nephi 1 and LOVED it. She said they were excited to read the next chapter together. We had another lesson with them last night, and read 1 Nephi 2 with them. They loved it too! Really, y'all should read 1 Nephi 1 and 2 again. They are so great, and if you know the stories in the Book of Mormon, it is really neat to read them with the stories in the back of your mind. There are a lot of really cool prophecies given. 

I love the Book of Mormon so much. I have tried to study out of it every day. By doing so, I have received a greater testimony of its truth and divinity. I know without a doubt that it was written by prophets of God. I know a prophet of God, even Joseph Smith, translated it by the power of God. I know the Book of Mormon will bless each of our lives as we search its pages for ways we can become better disciples of Jesus Christ. 

I love you all!
Until next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment