Monday, January 4, 2016

New Purpose Statement

I can't believe I forgot to include this! 

In our mission, we have a purpose statement. Our old one went like this:
"I have been called of Jesus Christ, through inspiration, to serve in the Texas San Antonio Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

I will boldly invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost and enduring to the end.

I will stand for truth and return with honor.

'Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of Him to declare His word among His people that they might have eternal life.'

'He aquí, soy discípulo de Jesucristo, el Hijo de Dios. He sido llamado por él para declarar su palabra entre los de su pueblo, a fin de que alcancen la vida eterna.'

Every Sister, every Elder, every month"

President Slaughter sent the new one in his email today. It helps us see our purpose as missionaries even more clearly.

"I am a servant of the Lord Jesus Christ,
called of Him through prophecy and revelation,
and assigned to serve in the Texas San Antonio Mission.

I have been sent to teach repentance and baptize converts.

This is who I am and this is why I am here!

I invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end.

My decision has been made. I've put my hand to the plough. I've crossed the line.

So as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Every Sister, every Elder, all in!"

This is who I am. I have been called and set apart to serve Him. I hope to be able to live up to this expectation and purpose, so there is no doubt in anyone's eyes that I know who I am and that I act accordingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment