Monday, February 8, 2016

The Joy of Families

Hola Todos!

I just want to start off by saying how much I love this Gospel and the Restored Church of Jesus Christ. I know with all my heart that it is true and living it is the only way to return to the presence of our Father. 

This last week has been so great. We have met with some great people. 

Earlier this week, we had a lesson with David, and he shared with us something he had written in his journal. It was about his journey to the truth. He testified of how he knows Joseph Smith is a prophet, that the Book of Mormon is true, and he knows that he did what the Lord wanted by being baptized. He recognizes that he has joined a huge family and support system. He is grateful for the help he has received and the support the branch has given him through this journey. 

He shared this yesterday as part of his testimony during Fast and Testimony Meeting. It touched many people's hearts, and they went up to him after and thanked him for sharing that experience and testimony. It was so sweet, sincere and heartfelt. 

This Gospel is so special and dear to my heart. There is so much comfort that I have in my life because of it. One of my most favorite hymns about Missionary Work is "Go Forth With Faith". The second, in particular, brings the most comfort. It says,
"Go forth with love to tell the world
The joy of families--
That we may be with those we love
Thru all eternity."

I LOVE this truth. I know that families are central to the Plan of God. They are not just for this life. Through the power of God, we can be sealed together in a family unit. As we each do our part, we will be able to enjoy the blessings of a forever family. This truth is so near and dear to my heart. I love my family so much, and I know that I can be with them forever, as we continue forward, faithfully and firmly taking hold of the Iron Rod, all the way to the Tree of Life. 

I love you all. Have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment