Monday, February 29, 2016

The Fullness of Times

Hola Todos!

This week was so wonderful!
On Wednesday, we had exchanges! I went with Hermana Collier to Riverside and Hermana Gonzalez came to Lockhart with Hermana Gibson. It was such a great exchange. I love Hermana Collier! We met at the airport on the way to the Mexico MTC. We have followed each other around the mission, and have had many opportunities to work together. She was amazing when I first met her, and it has been so cool to learn so much from her throughout the mission. We had a couple of lessons with their investigators and part member families. Hermana Collier really leads by example and is such a powerful teacher. I really learned a lot from her. 

Thursday was Zone Conference! We learned about the importance of working with members. We reviewed some of the training we had received during the World-Wide Missionary Broadcast about working with these members. It was really neat to see the vision of our leaders. My vision was definitely raised, and I am so excited to use these new ways to work with our members here. 

Yesterday, David accepted a calling! He is the President of our Gospel Principles class. He is so excited to give his all in this calling. He was a little nervous, but said he is so thankful for this opportunity to serve others. We had a lesson with him that night, and we talked about Prophets. We watched a little clip from President Monson's address this last conference. David said he hopes to be able to meet him and his counselors and the 12 apostles someday. He told us that he has noticed such a great change in himself. We told him that we have seen that change, as well as the members of the branch. Many members have commented to us how proud of him they are and how different he is since learning more about the Gospel. It warms my heart to hear this and see the Gospel in action!

I am so grateful for the opportunity I have had to serve the Lord. I know with all my heart and all that I am that this is His Gospel, restored once again to the earth. How very blessed we are to live during this time when the fullness of the Gospel is here on the earth!
​​

--

No comments:

Post a Comment