Monday, February 15, 2016

The Ten Teachers

Hola todos!
This week has been SO AMAZING!

I need to brag a little about my companion. Hermana Gibson is SO wonderful. She is such a wonderful missionary! She is so focused and such a powerhouse teacher. I am so grateful to have the opportunity to be her companion. For whatever reason, we have grown so close this week, and have seen the power that comes from increased unity in our companionship. She's so great! I hope you all have the chance to meet her someday. 

We have seen so many wonderful miracles this week. On Tuesday, we went to an appointment we had set up with one of our less-active members, Esther. She is such a sweetheart. Her husband, and two of her children aren't members. When we got there, M (the husband) was out working, but we met J  and T, their kids. We sat down, and got to know them just a little, and J told us she wants to be baptized! How awesome. T wants to also. We were about to say a prayer when M got home for his lunch break. He joined us for the prayer, but then had to go back to work. He seems very nice.  Esther is such a great lady. During the lesson, she helped teach her children about Joseph Smith and why it was necessary for the Doctrine of Jesus Christ to be restored. She has a very strong testimony of the Gospel, and wants to be a better example to her kids. 

We also had a lesson with RJ and his grandma Margie. They are both such sweet spirits. RJ has been coming to church since October or so on his own, and we have just began teaching him and his grandma. They are so sweet! Tiani came with us, and is such an amazing teacher. She got back from her mission in December, and is still such an awesome missionary. 

Last week, President Slaughter invited us to participate in a study of 10 Teachers in the Book of Mormon. Even in just this first week, I have learned so much! These are chapters of the Book of Mormon I have read before, but it has been so wonderful to study them with the perspective of who the teacher is and how he teaches. It has increased my testimony so much of the power of the Book of Mormon, and that it was indeed written by holy men, men called of God. Here are the 10 teachers and their teachings. I hope you all are able to study them and get to know them as well.

-NEPHI: 1 Nephi 21-22
​, 
2 Nephi 30-33
​-​
JACOB
​: ​
2 Nephi 9-10
​, ​
Jacob 4
​-​
MORMON
​: ​
3 Nephi 11
​, ​
3 Nephi 27
​, ​
Mormon 9
​, ​
Moroni 7-8
​-​
MORONI
​: 
Ether 12
​, ​
Moroni 10
​-​
LEHI
​: ​
2 Nephi 2-3
-​
BENJAMIN
​: ​
Mosiah 2-5
​-​
AMULEK
​: ​
Alma 11
​, ​
Alma 34
​-​
ALMA
​: ​
Alma 7
​, ​
Alma 12
​, ​
Alma 39-42
​-​
ABINAD
​I: ​
Mosiah 15-16
​-​
SAMUEL
​: ​
Helaman 14

I am so grateful for this time I have had to be a full-time missionary. I have seen myself be changed and molded into a better person. I am excited to take everything I have learned and everything I have become back home and use it to continue in the Work of Salvation. I will forever be a missionary. I might not always have a nametag, but I will forever declare the truth I have come to know. I will do all in my power to be an example to all around me. There is so much more to missionary work than a year and a half. There is enough for a lifetime and more!

I love you all. Have a wonderful week!  

--
Hermana Megan Dean

No comments:

Post a Comment