Saturday, May 17, 2014

Called To Serve!

Dear Sister Dean, 
You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the Texas San Antonio Mission. It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 18 months. 
You should report to the Mexico Missionary Training Center on Wednesday, September 17, 2014. You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Spanish language. Your assignment may be modified according to the needs of the mission president.

Oh my goodness, oh my goodness!!! I am so excited! I am pretty sure these last three days have been the longest days of my entire life. I received my call on Wednesday, but waited to open it until today, so that as much of my family could be there for it.

Opening and reading my call was an extremely emotional and powerful experience. I could barely make it through "Dear Sister Dean" without choking up and starting to cry. I am so excited to be apart of the Lord's work!

I feel it is such a blessing to be able to preach in Spanish. I took Spanish all through Junior High, and for two years of High School. I love it! It is such a beautiful language, and I am excited to share the Gospel through it.

I will definitely write more as I get more information about my mission, and as I am purchasing the supplies I need. For those of you reading this to help prepare for your own mission, please remember to do everything for your mission prayerfully, even if it seems a little silly. Heavenly Father knows our individual needs, and He knows there is a lot to get done beforehand.  I know He will be with you every step of the way as you try to figure out what kind of shoes will be best, or how to really strengthen your testimony as you study. Remember, if it matters to you, it matters to Him.

Until next time!

TTFN,
-Hermana Dean

No comments:

Post a Comment